Changing Text Size in Your Browser
If you have trouble reading the print on websites, you can easily change the size of the font to fit your needs. This page explains how to change your font size in Internet Explorer, Netscape and Firefox.
Changing font sizes in your web browser is easy. Instructions will vary from browser to browser, the instructions below are for Internet Explorer 5.5, Netscape 4.75 and Firefox. Change Font Size in Internet Explorer (version 7.0 and greater)
- If you are using Internet Explorer, go to the menu at the top of the browser window and click on View.
- From the list of options, click Text Size. You will see a side menu open up; select the size you wish to view the website in.
- Choose the font size that suits you best.
Change Font Size in Netscape (version 6.0 and greater)
- If you are using Internet Explorer, go to the menu at the top of the browser window and click on Edit.
- Click Preferences. A Preferences window will appear.
- Click on Fonts. Under the Appearance heading in the upper left corner of the Preferences window, click Fonts. Information on the size and style of the font you're using will appear to the right. They are probably set to 10 and 9.
- Click on the arrows. They are next to the size boxes to increase or decrease font size.
- Click OK. It's at the bottom of the window to experiment with different sizes. Repeat the process until you find a size that suits you.
- Go to the menu at the top of the browser window and click on View. From the list of options, select Text Size. You will see a side menu open up; select the text size you prefer.
Note: This will cause the text to display on the web page one size larger. However this is a temporary change. To make a permanent font size change:
- From the Firefox Menu Bar, select Tools>Options.
- Click on General
- Click on Fonts & Colors.
- Set the font sizes. Minimum font size can also be set.
Firefox also allows the text size to be changed with keyboard shortcuts:
- Press Ctrl and + to increase the size
- Press Ctrl and - to decrease the size
- Press Ctrl and 0 to go back to the default size